Translate

Thursday, October 24, 2013

L'oreal True Match Lumi Review

L'oreal True Match is my favorite drugstore foundation brand, and my favorite high-end brand is Dolce & Gabanna Perfect Luminous Foundation, so I theoretically should love this product.  So ... how does this product compare?

 
First, I'm very disappointed that the lightest colors of this product are combined with the next higher color, for example W1-2.  The thing I love about True Match is that it offers truly pale, pale colors in choices of warm, neutral, or cool.  When you combine shades, it's not really an exact match anymore.  And for a brand called True Match whose entire branding message is an exact match, I just find this totally unacceptable.  There are girls out there like me who can't really get away with wearing a level 2 color.

That being said, this combo isn't quite as bad as some of the other W1-2 combos in the line I've tried.

It's #1 in the swatches above.  As you can see, it's a little bit darker and yellower than I should wear.  For comparison, the L'oreal True Match liquid in W1 is #3 above, so you can see how this one is darker.  The combo W1-W2 L'oreal True Match cream roll-on is #6.

The foundation itself is nice and thick and moisturizing.  I do like it.  But it doesn't hold up all day like my Dolce & Gabanna Perfect Luminous foundation does.  It's not a bad drugstore alternative, but I'd definitely rather be wearing the Dolce & Gabanna.

SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: C+

Disclaimer:  I purchased this product with my own money, but I do receive a discount on drugstore products through an employee discount (not for a cosmetics company but the drugstore that sells them).

1 comment: