I LOVE lip gloss. I love Bobbi Brown. I love Bobbi Brown lip glosses! Let's take a look at the ones I have:
2. Naked Plum High Shimmer Lip Gloss
3. Pink Seashell Lip Gloss
4. Sailor Lip Gloss
5. Lilac Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss
6. Nude Glitter Lip Gloss (discontinued)
7. Bellini High Shimmer Lip Gloss
8. Rose Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss
And swatched on my pale skin (I wear Bobbi Brown Alabaster):
All of Bobbi's lip glosses have a beautiful shimmer. They are supposed to go in order of shimmer from lip gloss to shimmer lip gloss to high shimmer lip gloss, but I haven't found a bit difference in the shimmer factor. One thing I highly dislike, though, is that the high shimmer lip glosses have some sort of mint in them. The scent is fabulous, but mint is an irritant to lips. It will make them plumper, but also makes them tingle and can overly dry them. I still love all of my Bobbi glosses, but I try not to wear the high shimmer every day for that reason.
You really can't go wrong with any of the colors. It just depends upon how warm or cool and how dark or light you want to go.
My all time favorite lip gloss of any brand ever is Bobbi Brown Glitter Lip Gloss in Nude. It's now discontinued *sob*. If anyone knows anywhere that's still selling them, let me know. That's actually one of the things I hate most about Bobbi Brown. Things are constantly being discontinued. As soon as you love something, it's gone. This product doesn't look like much swatched on my arm, but over my pinky-blue lips, it's just amazing.
All of the others I've purchased in an attempt to find something close to the glitter gloss, but none of them are quite right. They're all still great, but all a little different.
1. Rose Gold Lip Gloss--Rose Gold is a very on trend color right now. I really like this one, but it does go a bit 'brown' on my lips. Purchased by me at Saks. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: A-
2. Naked Plum High Shimmer Lip Gloss--This is my favorite new Bobbi Brown lip gloss. It's a pinky rose color on me. The only thing stopping it from being my favorite lip gloss is the darn mint in it. Purchased by me at Bergdorf Goodman. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: A-
3. Pink Seashell Lip Gloss--This one was recommended by the Bobbi Brown online ask an artist. You can upload a picture of yourself if you want IM with a makeup artist. This is what they suggested as a replacement for the glitter gloss. It's much pinker and paler and less brown, and there's slightly less shimmer. Not my favorite. Purchased by me from BobbiBrown.com. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: C+
4. Sailor Lip Gloss--This one sure looks weird in the tube, but it looks good on lips. It's a sheer wash of rose color with sparkle. This is also great for layering over lipstick for a pop of gloss. This was a GWP at Bergdorf Goodman. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: B
5. Lilac Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss--This is by far the coolest Bobbi Brown lip gloss. I wouldn't wear it by itself as it's so lavender. But here's a tip that makes this lip gloss very useful. If you have a lipstick that is a little too warm or peachy on you, layer this lip gloss over the top and it will cool it down and give you that perfect rose color you wanted. Purchased by me at Cosmetics Company Outlet Store. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: A- (for use over lipstick) B- as a stand alone
6. Nude Glitter Lip Gloss (discontinued)--My discontinued HG. Purchased by me a Barney's. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: A+
7. Bellini High Shimmer Lip Gloss--This one is a bit too pale, but the shimmer is nice. This was a GWP at BobbiBrown.com. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: B-
8. Rose Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss--This one is a bit too dark for this pale girl. It might be good if you're a bit darker or have more pigmented lips. This was a GWP at BobbiBrown.com. SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: B-
These are all available (except my beloved Glitter Gloss) from the Bobbi Brown website for $24 each.
I don't have a lippie obsession at all. Oh no.