Translate

Friday, October 11, 2013

Benefit Rockateur Blush

Have you ever had a product you hated at first and then fell in love with?  That's my story with Benefit Rockateur.

 
A Sephora make-up artist first tried the blush on me during a make-over.  I didn't like it.  I thought it was too orangy.  I didn't buy it.  I even left some comments on some blogs announcing that I didn't like it.

I went back to Sephora a week or so later to buy something else and asked another make-up artist what she'd recommend.  I described in detail what I wanted (a natural-looking blush for pale skin that wasn't pink or orangy or dark), and she recommended the exact same blush.  I let her put it on me again because I thought maybe wearing my foundation versus the make-over foundation might make a difference.  It still looked a little coral to me, but I bought it anyway.  Hey, if two different MUAs think this is the blush for me, maybe there's something to that.

I tried it a few times and thought it was too warm.  I was going to take it back.  I have very pale porcelain skin with slightly warm undertones, but the rest of me is very cool, so I like to stick with a neutral to warm foundation with cool other products.

And yet ... I still had this fascination with it.  I kept trying it.  And soon I found I liked it.  I realized I was turning to it over and over again instead of my other blushes.  It's just such a natural color.  It's perfect for day.  It provides a wonderful natural glow to the cheeks.  It's #7 below.

For comparison: 1-Revlon Powder Blush Blushed 03 (discontinued but my fav), 2-Bobbi Brown Blush Desert Pink, 3-Cailyn Mineral Blush Peach Pink, 4-Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact Rose, 5-Maybelline Fit Me Blush Light Mauve, 6-Laura Mercier Shimmer Block Pink Mosaic, 7-Benefit Rockateur, 8-Revlon Photoready Sculpting Blush Palette Berry

I have seen some people complain that you don't get as much product in this blush as you do in other Benefit blushes, so that's something to be aware of.






Benefit Rockateur Blush is available from Sephora for $28 for 0.17 oz.

SirenPrincessBeauty Rating: A-
Good Choice for Pale Girls!

Disclaimer--I purchased this product myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment