Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Eye Palette

We all have one beauty product we're obsessed with buying.  Maybe yours is nail polish or blush or hair products.  Mine is definitely eyeshadow palettes.  It's the one beauty area I really let myself play.  And each palette is a little bit different and that makes me want them all!

By far and away, my favorite palettes are Bobbi Brown palettes, and this is my new favorite Bobbi Brown palette.  It's the Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Eye Palette.

I should say that browns and neutrals are my favorite type of eyeshadow.  I was a little worried at first, though, that this palette might be a little bit dark for me.  It's not!  I also wasn't going to let myself buy it because I do have so many Bobbi Brown palettes, and I even have palettes with duplicates of some of these colors.  But I have to say that I am so happy that I bought it!

The shadows from left to right:
  • Bone (Matte)--This slightly yellowy skintoned color is my favorite of the Bobbi Brown light ivory/skintone colors.  It's a little bit warmer and more yellow than Ivory.  It's the perfect nude blending color for my eyes.
  • Stone (Matte)--This is my favorite darkish brown lid color of all the Bobbi Brown shades.
  • Frappe (Matte)--This is a yellowy brown.
  • Caramel (Sparkle)--This is a sheer brown sparkle. It's great for laying to add sparkle, but it's hard to get any color payout.
  • Champagne Truffle (Shimmer)--A brassy sparkle color.
  • Cocoa (Matte)--Another nice darkish brown. A good slightly darker alternative to Stone.
  • Rich Chocolate (Matte)--I use this for eyeliner. It's got just enough warmth to it to clearly be brown instead of black.  It's warmer and browner than Espresso.


I absolutely love everything about this palette.  It has my two favorite Bobbi Brown eyeshadows--Bone and Stone.  It has a lot of matte choices (yay!).  It has an eyeliner color that I can actually tell isn't black.  It does give one sparkle and one shimmer choice.  It's just fabulous with my blue eyes.

I think this is a terrific palette for darker browns for pale girls.  But I also think this is a good palette for medium and darker skintones too.  The eyeshadows will just not be as dark, but the subtle color differences will be more obvious.

I did answer a question from someone comparing this palette to the Bobbi Brown Smokey Warm Eye Palette.  In my opinion, this is the better choice.  You get more eyeshadows (and it looks like more of them too).  I prefer the warmer Bone over Ivory (which is slightly whiter).  I prefer the browner Rich Chocolate over Espresso.  I like that you get more mattes in this palette (and Bobbi Brown mattes are her best).  The Smokey Warm Eye Palette does have Blonde, which I do want, but I still think this one is the better choice.

Bobbi Brown Rich Chocolate Eye Palette available at BobbiBrown.com for $52.


SirenPrincessBeauty Rating: A+
Great for everyone!



Disclaimer--I purchased this product myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment