There is a questionnaire you fill out when you subscribe. It has sliders for each item with choices of love, like, and dislike. You are more likely to get items you love. You will never get items you dislike. I said I loved blush, eyeshadow, lip products, and tools and like brow products. I said I dislike mascara, eyeliner, nail polish, and bronzer. I don't actually dislike any of those things, but I didn't want them sent to me. Gel manicure at the nail salon so no nail polish please. I have very sensitive eyes so I have to be very careful about the mascara and eyeliners I pick. And bronzer is okay, but I have several and had a feeling I might get too dark of ones. I might change that one to like later. I also said I love neutrals and like colors, that lip gloss is my favorite lip product, and that I like just about any kind of brow product as I don't have a preference on that yet. There were more questions, but those are the ones I remember off the top of my head. I also like that you can change your preferences at any time, so if you're getting to much of one item, you could turn that item off for a while.
So let's see what I got in my first box.
- Free sample of Lise Watier Ombre Souffle Supreme. There is actually only product in the middle two dots. The colors look interesting and like something I would like to try. I would buy this type of product if I like it.
- Be a Bombshell Lip Gloss in Tauepless. I love, love lip gloss. Any kind of lip gloss. I mostly buy pinky nudes, but I did recently buy Bobbi Brown Rose Gold, and this color seems close to that. Definitely the type of thing I would buy. I like the consistency. It feels very good on your lips. It's a bit more brown than I expected, but I do like it and will wear it. I wish it had more shimmer, but that's a personal preference. Staying power seems typical of lip gloss. Retail value $14. I don't know that I'd buy this shade again, but I would buy this brand lip gloss again.
- Be a Bombshell Eye Shadow in Birthday Suite. I prefer neutrals, so this is a great pick for me. It's not really all that exciting, but it is a shade I'd buy and use. On me, it's flesh toned. The powder seems very soft and almost creamy, very blendable. I'm very impressed for a middle-end brand. Retail value $14. I'd prefer a palette from them, but yes, I would buy again. The quality seems good.
- Cailyn Cosmetics Deluxe Mineral Blush in Peach Pink. This looks very orangy in the package, but it swatches almost a sunburn pinky color. It isn't too dark for me and is something I could actually wear. Yay! The color name does describe it well. It's a little hint of coral in a pinky blush to me. Retail value $30. I would not rebuy this product. I have other blushes I like better (Benefit Rockateur comes to mind). The texture is a little coarse too. But I will use this one.
- Japonesque Angled Foundation Brush. I'm excited about this as I've been wanting an angled face brush. It feels like a traditional foundation brush, just angled. It is for liquid and cream foundations. It feels relatively soft. I wonder how it would do with powder too, but I haven't tried that yet. Retail value $25. I might not have bought this, but I like it.
- Total retail value $83 (according to Wantable).
I'm also waitlisted for Ipsy. We'll see if I like those two before I decide if I want to do any more.
Do you subscribe to any boxes? Do you like them? What sort of things do you typically get? Did you get to customize the box at all? I'd love to hear from you!