Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thierry Mugler Angel

Are there any perfumes you hate, hate, hate?  Mine is Thierry Mugler Angel.  In theory, I should like this perfume.  It's in the same category as ones I love like Dior Hypnotic Poison.  I like warm spicy perfumes in general.  But this one just turns to something awful on me.  It smells like a mix of tobacco, spice, and dirt.  There is zero sweetness whatsoever.

I'm thinking it might just be my body chemistry.  I have a friend who loves this one.  And it's supposed to have a cloying sweetness to it with notes I would like such as chocolate, caramel, honey, vanilla, and cotton candy with musk and amber.  These are all things I like.  The patchouli just greatly overpowers everything on me.  I can handle mild patchouli like in Katy Perry's Killer Queen, but this is just so intense and ... nasty!

I really wanted to love this.  The lovely folks at Thierry Mugler were kind enough to send me samples.  They really were so nice when I asked.  And I like Alien.  I should like the notes of this.  But even when I tried to wash it off, I washed and washed and washed and could not get the stink off of me.  I guess that's good news if you like this fragrance and are looking for something that lasts a really long time.

Thierry Mugler Angel available at Nordstrom's for $79 for 0.8 oz.

SirenPrincess Beauty Rating: F

Disclaimer--A free sample of this product was provided to me by the company when I contacted them as a consumer interested in their product.

Do you have any perfumes you hate?  Tell me about them!  What's your take on Angel?  Love it?  Hate it?  Tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment