Translate

Thursday, December 5, 2013

Naked 3

Naked 3 sold out on Urban Decay's website within hours of launch.  I bought mine, and it finally arrived!  It launches tonight at Sephora and Ulta's websites.  My guess would be it launches at Sephora at 3 AM EST 12/6/2013.  If it's sold out there, you might try Urban Decay again because it wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly get more stock when other people start selling it.

Is this a good palette for fair-skinned girls?  Let's take a look:


Naked 3 is the sequel to the beloved Urban Decay Naked (bronze colored neutrals) and Naked 2 (taupe colored neutrals).  The focus of Naked 3 is rose-toned neutrals.
I do like that this palette includes a couple of mattes in addition to the typical shimmers and metallics.  The bottom 4 shades and middle 4 shades are a bit of a repeat of each other, just slightly darker, but I like that you get the choice.
Strange is a good white shade.  It's matte unlike some other Naked palettes.  Dust is a beautiful pink shimmer.  I've read a lot of comments about no color payout.  I did not find that to be the case, but it has HORRIBLE fallout, like the worse I've ever seen.  It's very hard not to end up with this all over your cheek.  Burnout is the satin and Limit is the matte.  Then we transition to darker colors.  Buzz is a pink shimmer and Trick is a orangy-gold shimmer.

 Nooner is a beautiful mutted mauve matte.  It's pinker than Tease.  I love Tease and am so happy to have this shade.  Liar, Factory, and Mugshot are all different tones of browny-silver shimmer.  I don't really see the rose in these personally, but I LOVE the shades.  They're probably my favorite of the palette.  Darkside is grey satin.  Blackheart is almost black with rose-colored metalic sparkle.  I was so excited to wear this as a liner, but it's much more powdery and doesn't work as well for wet-to-dry liner as I'd like.  It looks good, but takes a lot more work to get right than my Bobbi Brown dark shadows.


Let's see how they swatch on my pale skin.



Here's a quick look I did with these. I'm wearing Factory on my lid, Nooner in my crease, a pat of  Liar in the center of my lid for more rose color, and Blackheart as a liner.  If I were to do this look over again, I'd use a liquid eyeliner to give more definition. Mascara is Almay Get up and Grow and the brows are Bobbi Brown Natural Brow Shaper in Blonde.

Do you need this palette?  Probably not.  I think Naked 2 is best for people with my coloring.  Is this palette fun and will you enjoy it?  Absolutely.  Rose gold is a very on trend color right now, and it is a very fun palette to play with.  I do think this would be a great palette for a teenager, a fashionista, or a make-up lover.  I'm very glad I bought it for the fun factor.

SirenPrincess Beauty Rating:  B+

Naked 3 palette, currently sold out on UrbanDecay.com, coming tonight to Sephora.com and Ulta.com. *Edit*--They're live on Sephora now!  Don't forget to use your Ebates!

Disclaimer:  I paid for this palette myself and bought it at UrbanDecay.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment